We are stoked about today’s announcement. As you can probably guess, we have been hard at work designing new Red Dragon Inn characters that we know you’ll love. However, we really want to see what you guys can come up with!
SlugFest Games is happy to announce the Red Dragon Inn Character Design Contest!
Do you have an awesome new game mechanic, a hilarious take on a classic RPG trope, or a brilliant story you’d like to share about a new recruit to The Party? Design an awesome RDI character, and we just might print it!
Of course, there are some rules and terms:
- Your submission must include a signed Contest Waiver. Any character design submitted without a signed waiver will be immediately deleted.
- Your submission must include a brief description of your character. Who is he/she? What does he/she look like? How does he/she act? Why was he/she invited to join The Party?
- Your submission must include a PDF that we can use to print and test your character. We recommend 2.5 x 3.5 cards, 9 to a page. And if your character uses special rules or mechanics, include a write-up of them.
- Send your signed waiver, description and cards to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “RDI Design Contest”.
We will be accepting contest submissions through December 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Submissions received after that time will be deleted.
There will be two prize levels:
- Winner(s) will receive $500
- Honorable Mention(s) will receive $250.
So if you’re a budding game designer, or if you’ve had a homebrew character kicking around the table for years, it’s time to show off!
Thanks, everyone! Happy designing!
And now the fine print:
As the Contest Waiver states, we reserve the right to award any number of prizes, including none. In addition, receipt of your prize will be contingent upon assigning exclusive rights to your design to SlugFest Games.